Candied Banana Fritters With Sesame Seeds
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In my recipe box but I have no idea where it originates from.
- Ready In:
- 4 bananas
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- oil, to deep fry
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add the cornstarch, flour and 5 tablespoons water to make the flour batter.
- Cut each banana into 5 diagonal pieces.
- Sprinkle with flour and coat with flour batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil for 1 minute; remove from oil.
- Drain oil from pan.
- Heat (low heat) 1 tablespoons of new oil in a frying pan and add sugar and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir often until this becomes a syrup consistency and then turn off the heat.
- Add the bananas and mix to coat carefully.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION