Canadian Living Butter Pastry
- Ready In:
1 single crust pie
- Whisk together flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or 2 knives to fine crumbs, leave a few pea size pieces.
- Mix egg yolk and water together and drizzle over flour mixture.
- Toss together with fork until dough clumps.
- Form dough into ball, and flatten.
- Roll out on floured surface & place in pie/tart tin.
- Chill dough 30 minutes.
- You can blind bake at 400° for 15 - 20 minutes till edges start to turn golden, or fill and bake as directed by the pie recipe you are using.
- If making in a food processor, put flour & sugar in processor bowl, pulse to mix.
- Add cubed butter and pulse till you have fine crumbs.
- Drizzle egg yolk & water mixture through feed tube while mixing.
- When dough starts to form, remove from processor bowl, and proceed as above.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef #8832636. My memebership on this site goes back to the days of recipezaar, so I have seen a lot of changes on the site over the years. I still miss the forums, they had a wealth of information in them, and it was great to be able to connect with other chefs through them. I don't think zmail exists anymore either, so I don't think we have any way of contacting other chefs now. I haven't been on the site much in the last few years, mainly because of the changes. I do still pop in to look for specific recipes. I enjoy cooking, and am passionate about baking.