Canadian Cedar Planked Salmon
- Ready In:
- 2 untreated cedar planks
- 6 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- Submerge untreated cedar plank in water. Soak approximately 12 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Place prepared plank on the grill, and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Cover grill and heat plank 2 to 3 minutes, until dry. Adjust grill temperature for medium Low heat.
- Rub salmon filets with maple syrup. Arrange on the plank.
- Top salmon with red onion,tarragon and black peppercorns.
- Barbecue with lid closed until a knife tip inserted in centre of fish comes out warm, 20 to 30 minutes depending on thickness of filet.
- Check fish occasionally during cooking.
- If plank ignites, spray with water.
- Remove salmon from plank to dinner plates or a platter.
- For an extra boost to the flavour soak add a bottle of beer to your water the last 2 hours of soaking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation