Camping Farmers Breakfast
When I was younger, I used to go camping with our church youth group and we would always make sure that this was included on the menu. It's one of those recipes that you know everyone would like. This is scaled down. Note, this is not a diet meal!
- Ready In:
- 6 medium potatoes (I use red)
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- parsley (optional)
- Cook potatoes with their skins in boiling salted water until done.
- Cool, peel or leave skins on, cube or slice.
- Cut bacon in small pieces and fry on medium heat to desired crispness. Drain on paper towel.
- Add aprox. 2 tbls. butter to the bacon fat and fry onions until transparent.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the onions and fry until crust forms. Return bacon.
- Crack the eggs into the potatoes and scramble them around with everything. Salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with the salt, since the bacon is salty. Finish with parsley.
- Good as a side dish, breakfast of course, or as a main meal for 2 with a green salad.
- Cook time is after the potatoes have cooled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
My whole family loved this! I packed the boiled and chopped potatoes in the cooler to save time, used a whole pack of bacon (it’s camping right?), added cheese and chopped kale. I also subbed egg whites for 2 eggs. I would recommend cooking the bacon strips whole to make them easier to remove from the pan and chopping the cooked bacon before returning it to the pan. I have already made it at home as well. This will be in my Sunday breakfast rotation for sure!
I cut this down to one serving, but I think I could have served 3, or me and a teenage boy! Delicious breakfast! This delicious breakfast is basically a combination of what I serve individually, and it is sooo much easier done in one pan, and it still tastes great! I waited until the last minute to add the broken-up bacon so that it would be nice and crisp. I don't think I'll ever do this separately again....so much easier using the camping method of one dish. Thanks so much Lori! Made for Holiday tag.