Camembert Chicken Parmigiana
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 2 (250 g) chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 50 g camembert cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Cut pocket into thickest part of chicken breast and stuff with slices of Camembert cheese. Put it well into the middle and press down the outer edges to keep it together.
- Lightly beat together egg, garlic, onion powder and tarragon in a bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg mix and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place chicken in a foil lined baking dish and place in oven on a lower rack for 35 minutes.
- Remove and spread pasta sauce evenly over the top, and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Return to oven on a higher rack (but not too close to the top) for around 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a quick, easy recipe--perfect for a mid week meal, as it involves very little prep. The proportion of ingredients easily suited my 3 chicken breasts and we really packed in the camembert so I didnt have the trouble of it spilling out. I thought the dish was good and that the taste of the tarragon really came through. DH didn't care for the chicken/camembert combination that much, despite the fact that we like camembert on its own. Oh well. I also used a fra diavolo sauce, which gave the dish a little kick. Thank you for a quick, easy dinner!
Great chicken and good straight forward instructions. I would suggest using thick chicken breast pieces and pushing the cheese as far into the pocket as possible. I had one smaller chicken piece that was harder to stuff and the cheese melted out. We really enjoyed the chicken and the cheesey centre was great. Photo also to be posted
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live close Hobart in Tasmania, a wonderful part of Australia but a little chilly in winter so be sure to book your holiday for summer! I'm self-employed in the embedded electronics area and being at home most of the day gives me plenty of time to prepare those recipes with long preparation and cooking times. As most of my clients are either interstate or overseas I get to occasionally catch up with them and enjoy their local restaurants, always nice to have someone else paying the bills! <br /> <br />As well as food I'm partial to the odd beer & wine, so often like to go to a local pub and catch some local bands. No need for an alarm clock in the morning, my cat Molly likes her breakfast at 8:00AM sharp and makes an effective alarm! Lately I've been starting to get into some digital photography so you might be seeing a few additional recipe shots on Zaar... <br /> <br /><a href=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/stats.php?id=vUa1ya8Z> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/VisitorMap/globes/Globe_vUa1ya8Z.gif alt= /></a></p>