Camaron a Bahiana - Shrimp Bahia Style in Tomato Sauce
photo by BDM FAMILY
- Ready In:
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, peeled seeded, and chopped or (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled, deveined, and cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small dried red pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion until it is softened.
- Add and sauté the tomatoes and parsley for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Melt the butter and add to main dish with coconut milk, STIR FREQUENTLY.
- Add the red peppers/chipotle powder and stir for 2 -5 minutes (make sure shrimp are done).
- Serve with some rice (white, wheat, or fried -- your choice).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!