photo by Mama Delilah
- Ready In:
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 fresh serrano peppers (to reduce heat, can substitute about a half of a medium sized green bell pepper, slice about one inc) or 6 jalapeno peppers, sliced (to reduce heat, can substitute about a half of a medium sized green bell pepper, slice about one inc)
- half of a medium sized yellow bell pepper, slice about one inch long and 1/4 inch thick
- half of a medium sized red bell pepper, slice about one inch long and 1/4 inch thick
- 2 very finely diced habanero peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, reserving half of the juices
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb egg noodles
- Heat olive oil and add red pepper flakes in a large skillet
- Brown kielbasa on both sides in olive oil, and pepper flakes
- Add peppers and onion to skillet. Sautee until peppers sbegin to soften
- Add reserved pineapple juice and brown sugar and black beans to skillet. Reduce heat to simmer, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks. Cook down until you have desired sauce consistency
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain
- Serve kielbasa mixture over egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!