Cal's Nutri-Bomb Green Smoothie
photo by Chef Michael Callah
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces kale
- 2 ounces spinach
- 1 apple (cored)
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh gingerroot (grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh turmeric (grated)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (ground)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 32 ounces water (or to fill blender to 64 oz)
- Combine all ingredients in a large blender and process until smooth and serve immediately.
- Note: Bananas and apples may be frozen in advance. Ice may be substituted for a portion of the water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Since becoming a member several years ago I've switched my focus, and have become a health coach as well as a chef. Therefore, you will be seeing more healthy options coming in the future. Stay tuned to my BLOG for updates as they develop. (http://chefcallahan.com) and (https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthyMeAndYou/) Chef of the Day March 19, 2010 Contact me if you need ServSafe Manager Training!</p>