Cal's Grand Flan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Heat sugar in a heavy skillet or saucepan, stirring constantly until it melts and turns a dark golden color.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour a portion into each of 8 ramekins, swish it around so it evenly coats the bottom of the cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Stir in milk, heavy cream, sugar, Grand Marnier and orange peel.
- Place caramel coated ramekins into another pan and place on an oven rack.
- Divide the egg mixture into each of the ramekins and pour the hottest tap water possible around into the pan to at least half way up the sides of the ramekins
- Bake at 325Ffor about an hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool flan on a wire rack, Chill for at least 3 1/2 hours.
- To un-mold place a spatula or knife down the sides of the flan.
- Place a plate over the ramekin and flip to allow the flan to slip onto the plate.
- Spoon any caramel that remain in the ramekin on top of the flan.
- Serve flan as is, or topped with fresh sliced fruit on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Since becoming a member several years ago I've switched my focus, and have become a health coach as well as a chef. Therefore, you will be seeing more healthy options coming in the future. Stay tuned to my BLOG for updates as they develop. (http://chefcallahan.com) and (https://www.facebook.com/groups/HealthyMeAndYou/) Chef of the Day March 19, 2010 Contact me if you need ServSafe Manager Training!</p>