MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Okay here goes... This recipe is from the Oprah Cookbook and the soup was also featured on Anna and Kristina's Grocery Show. I've made it myself and its pretty good. Try it and let me know what you think.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bird's-eye chilies, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 to 3 limes, juice of, plus more to taste (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When oil is so hot it shimmers, add onion, garlic and chilies. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, chicken stock, coconut milk, clam juice and heavy cream; bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, partially covered, 30 minutes.
- Add spinach and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until spinach is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in lime juice and salt to taste. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION