After a discussion on the boards, I decided to post this recipe. Even non-garlic heads will love it. I serve with a nice crusty bread to sop up the juices and spread the cooked garlic on. This recipe comes from the American Diabetes Assoc., so you know that in addition to having a to die for taste - it's good for you.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 40 garlic cloves, separated, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a medium baking dish with olive oil flavored nonstick pan spray.
- Place chicken in dish and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt & pepper over the chicken.
- Spread the garlic, celery, onion & parsley over and around the chicken.
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
this was so easy to throw together, yet looked so elegant! i cut the recipe in half since i had 3 large chicken breasts that i cut in half to make 6 pieces. made as written except used a combination of chicken broth, beer and lemon juice since i didn't have any white wine. oh and i used fresh basil and thyme on the chicken since i didn't have any fresh oregano. i also sprinkled the veggies liberally with salt and pepper too. i loved the flavor combination of celery, onion, garlic and fresh parsley. this is a keeper. will make again and again!! served with greek roasted potatoes. next time will try with angel hair pasta and toss in the juices from the pan. thanks again for a fab recipe!!