California Chicken Pockets
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
8 pita halves
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- 1 egg, hard-cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 (6 inch) pita pockets, halved
- Cook and drain broccoli.
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, avocado, rice, tomatoes, cheese and egg.
- In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard and celery seed. Pour over mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend.
- To serve, spoon approx 1/2 cup mixture into each pock bread half.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I also made this recipe years ago and was thinking about it the other day so I dug it out and plan to serve it next menu rotation. My DH couldn't care less about the avocado so I swipe all of his(best part). I think it might also be good with steamed broccoli instead of frozen. I could serve the rest of the broccoli as a side.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a happily married to a husband who loves to eat. We have been together for 30 years and were best friends for 7 years prior. We have a beautiful 27 year old daughter who is living with us temporarily. I am a retail consultant who travels all over the U.S. and the UK?and I love my job. My favorite cookbook is Patti Labelle's Recipes to sing about. It is filled with great comfort food (no diet anything in this book). I love both to cook and bake, November and December are the best times in my kitchen. I was raised in a household with 4 generations, so it was customary for the women to spend endless hours cooking and baking. My great grandmother taught me how to bake using a wood burning stove. That is how we made all of our meals until I was about 14 years old. I am truly blessed with a wonderful family both here and beyond.