Cake Boss Sponge Cake Recipe
I found this online and I don't know if it really is the CB recipe but it is a scratch recipe, and the secret to its light and fluffy texture is the beating of the eggs! This recipe is best made in a stand mixer. It got everyone raving about it.
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (lightly salted)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- 2. Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined.
- 3. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
- 4. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
- 5. Pour into two greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
- 6. Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 30 to 35 minutes). Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
- Hint: Cakes are close to being done when you start to smell them.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I found this recipe yesterday and decided to try it for my sisters birthday today, and I fell in love with this recipe. The cake came out dense, moist exactly bakery style, the perfect recipe. I will now be using this same recipe to bake my sister's wedding cake on the 27th of May. This recipe was a hit and everyone simply loved it! Thank you.Reply