Cajun-Style Fillet of Catfish with Spicy Butter Sauce
This works well with Talipia also. I didn't have bread to make fresh crumbs from once and used packaged crumbs but I much prefer the fresh crumbs. If you don't have fresh herbs, use half the amounts listed of dried herbs (but fresh is best).
- Ready In:
- 6 catfish fillets (about 1/2 lb. each)
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt, depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce, depending on taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (including tops)
- 1 1 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- parsley (to garnish)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse fillets and ry well.
- Season each fillet with a mixture of salt, lemon pepper and cayenne.
- Rub oil in a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- Place fillets in prepared baking dish and top fillets with 4 Tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with fresh bread crumbs and 2 Tablespoons of the fresh lemon juice.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes, just until fish flakes easily.
- Do not overcook.
- Butter Sauce: Combine all remaining butter and lemon juice with other sauce ingredients, except parsley and lemon slices for garnish.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fillets on serving dish, top with butter sauce and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.