Cajun Spiced Pecans
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375¼F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add the pecans - saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and cook until caramelized.
- Stir in the paprika, chile powder and cumin. Add the vinegar and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake in an oven until crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are fabulous little gems of salty sweet goodness. I used a special Paprika a friend brought back to me from her travels to Hungary. I lined my cookie sheet with foil, and it was a good thing I did because I answered the phone while my nuts were in the oven. YOu guessed it, I forgot about them so they got a little extra toasty and the sugar coating came off a bit. If you pay attention while in the oven, I don't think you will have that problem. Great Recipe Boo! Made for ZWT 5 by an Epicurean Queen.