Cajun Shrimp and Corn Salad With Lime-Chili Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kernels from 6 ear of corn (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 roasted red pepper, cored and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In medium bowl combine the shrimp and Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the corn kernels for 3 to 4 minutes. Let the shrimp and corn cool to room temperature. (Note: Recipe #304627 is the easiest and best method.).
- In a large serving bowl, combine the shrimp, corn, tomatoes, roasted red pepper if using and parsley. In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and add to the salad. Mix well and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!