CAJUN SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE SKEWERS | Kobe Roux
photo by Jeff Cheffro White
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 12 7⁄8 ounces smoked andouille sausages
- 1 ounce fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- FOR THE KOBE ROUX CREAM SAUCE.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or more, to taste*.
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning.
- 1. To make the Sriracha cream sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha and condensed milk in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder, crushed red pepper, oregano and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover, and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Thread shrimp and sausage onto 4-inch-long skewers or toothpicks.
- 4. Heat a grill pan or charcoal grill over medium high heat. Add skewers in a single layer and grill until shrimp are opaque and sausage is slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5. Serve immediately with Sriracha cream sauce, garnished with chives, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!