Cajun Pork Chops
photo by chefD760
- Ready In:
- 6 lean pork chops
- cajun seasoning
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 package beef gravy, prepared per directions (or 1 - 1 1/2 cups home made or bottled brown gravy)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chops liberally with Cajun seasoning.
- Spray pan with vegetable oil, or use a small amount of oil.
- Brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, celery and garlic to the pan and saute until tender.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan with the vegetables, add the brown gravy.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe for my ladies Supper Club and everyone loved it! I had to double the recipe so I had to bake it in the oven. I seasoned very thick loin chops with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning and browned them in a skillet. I made the sauce (a little bland) and added a few shakes of creole seasoning to give it some zip. I poured the sauce over the chops and baked at 350 for 45 to 50 min. This dish was wonderful, everyone raved about how moist the chops were and what great flavor the dish had. I actually assembled this in the morning, refrigerated it all day and baked it prior to the dinner party and it was fabulous. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Nora K.
see 13 more reviews