photo by Crafty Lady 13
- Ready In:
- 3 large onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 heavy-duty aluminum foil, cut 12-inch by 24-inch
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the onion slices in the center of the foil. Combine the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Dot the onions with the seasoned butter and wrap in foil, folding the edges over twice and sealing ends. Place the packets on a hot grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side; move them to low heat for 10 minutes longer.
- These onions can also be cooked in a cast-iron skillet. Melt the butter in a skillet and stir in the spices. Add the onions and cook until the onions are limp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!