Cajun Marinated Pork Chops
Freeze these savoury chops right in the marinade so they're ready to be popped into the oven along with baking potatoes and you have dinner ready with no mess :)
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 4mins
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 pork loin chops (bone in)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- in a bowl mix together ketchup, mustard, molasses, vinegar, cajun seasoning, worcestershire sauce, thyme, onion and garlic. scrape into large freezer bag, add chops, seal and turn to coat. refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Make Ahead: freeze for up to 1 month, thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- in skillet bring chops with marinate and 1/2 cup water to boil, reduce heat heat to low, cover and simmer until fall apart tender, about 40 minutes. remove chops with slotted spoon to serving platter, increase heat to med-high and cook until liquid reduces to about 1 cup, about 8 minutes.
- pour sauce over chops and sprinkle with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OMG! This recipe deserves 10 stars. I used some "on sale" center cut-bone-in chops to check out this recipe. Silly me! I'm looking for a huge bag of pork chops, so that I can make the marinate and freeze em--like you suggested. WOW, WOW! What flavors. I cut the cajun seasoning (Tony's) to 1/2 teas. for 2 chops, but will up it for the batch. Thank you so much for this tasty treat for dinner. Made for Everyday's a Holiday and Rajin' Cajun Event in Cooking Photos.Reply