Cajun Habanero Sausage
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs pork butt
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 4 habanero peppers (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Grind pork butt with 1/4" plate.
- Mix all ingredients really well. Let stand in refrigerator over night.
- Stuff into casings forming 6" links. Let hang for 1 hour before cooking.
- Place in frying pan with 1/2" water, cover and cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking until water is gone and sausages are browned.
- Or cook on grill over medium coals until brown.
- Note: If you have a smoker, these are great smoked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really nice flavor and definitely retains the spicy habanero flavor. I used "pork shoulder" (??) and trimmed it from the bone as it was all I could find. It was the first time trying to grind meat in my food processor and it went smoothly (did it in two batches). Needed to add salt to the patty after it was cooked, but very good overall.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a retired USAF pilot (32 years), now as a Systems Engineer, I'm 10 years into a second career with an engineering firm, supporting the military. I love to hunt, fish, camp, hike and, of course--cook. I collect cook books and recipes from all kinds of sources. I was so glad to find this web site to help me organize my favorite recipes, and find new ones. My favorite cooking style is BBQ/Smoking. I also love to cook elaborate meals for family and friends. Having lived overseas for many years, I've picked up a lot of recipes for German, French, Italian, Thai, and Greek dishes.</p>