Cajun Cole Slaw
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- 1 large green cabbage head, shredded
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and mustard until combined. Add olive oil slowly while whisking and whisk until the mixture has returned to the original thickness of the mayo.
- Add the hot sauce, ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire and lemon juice, whisking completely after each addition.
- Stir in the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Place bell peppers, onion and cabbage in a large bowl, pour dressing over and toss to thoroughly combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.