This is my version of Rachael Ray's "Ragin' Cajun Chili."
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 lb Louisiana hot link sausages, cut in half and then sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups spicy hot V8
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches scallions
- 6 cups Fritos corn chips, crushed
- Place the hot links in a large stockpot.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a large skillet and add the ground turkey. Break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon and continue to cook until all the meat is browned.
- Add the celery, onion, bell peppers and garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the meat and veggies in the stockpot with the sausage.
- To the stockpot, add the hot sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, Creole seasoning, stock, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, V8 and both beans. Stir until combined and bring to a bubble.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for at least 1 hour.
- Season the chili with salt and pepper. Serve with some crushed Fritos and chopped scallions on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We really loved this. DH said, this is bazaar when he found out there was hot link sausages in it. The more he ate the more it loved it. But I have to be honest and say that his most favorite chili is recipe #199378. It use to be one that I have been making for years and every new recipe I made he would compare to that one. This is a keeper but I'm sure he will request his new favorite when I tell him I'm making chili. rickoholic83 thanks for another great chili recipe.