Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Total comfort foood! This will make two casseroles, 6 servings each - one for now, one to freeze for later. Recipe submitted to Taste of Home by Kim Weishuhn.
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) packages bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same pan, saute onions and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, soups, milk, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to soup mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION