Cajun Chicken and Linguine
Ready under 60 minutes
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders, each cut lengthwise in half
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, sliced
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat.
- Add pasta; cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and Cajun seasoning and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken just loses its pink color throughout, stirring frequently.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and pepper and cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and salt and cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain linguine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Return linguine to saucepot.
- Add cooking water and cream; heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Stir in onion mixture; heat through.
- Remove saucepot from heat; add tomato, basil, and chicken with its juices on plate, and toss to mix well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation