Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Ready In:
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup blackening seasoning (recommended -- Paul Prudhomme's Chicken)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice and place in a cast iron skillet over very high heat. Blacken both sides of the chicken and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Slice in strips on the bias and set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken slices. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer, and reduce the cream sauce by half.
- When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, and pasta.
- Nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!