A South Louisianna favorite. For the most part tourists can't stand it and locals can't live without it, but one thing's for sure: this WILL wake you up in the morning. Traditionally made in a French Drip pot, called a biggin, but a modern electric coffee maker works just fine.
- Ready In:
- 1 pinch salt (salt brings out extra flavor in the coffee)
- 1⁄2 cup ground dark-roast coffee and chicory blend
- 7 cups water (3 1/2 pints)
- Place salt in basket of coffee pot with the coffee grounds.
- Pour water into resevoir and start coffee.
- Serve hot.