Tangy Caesar Salad Dressing
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mash garlic and salt together for dressing. Place in bowl.
- Add Parmesan, lemon juice, mayonnaise, anchovy paste, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Stir until blended.
- Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream to form an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper, chill.
- Toss with romaine lettuce and top with extra Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is AWESOME! I typically have use used whole anchovies and coddled egg but both my husband and I like this MUCH better and it is less work! I made it about 8 hours prior to serving and let it sit in the fridge. It makes A LOT... so if only serving a few people and you do not want leftovers...cut it in half. I added pumpernickel croutons... pumpernickel bread tossed with OO/garlic powder/kosher salt that I toasted in the oven until hard.
Excellent! This is the best Caesar dressing that I've ever made. It's easy, has the perfect blend of ingredients, and tastes wonderful. As another reviewer stated, I'm not big on anchovies either, but the anchovy paste really makes this dressing. Thanks Heather for another great keeper. Made for PAC Fall 2008.