Cactus Pico De Gallo Salsa
- Ready In:
- 1 (24 ounce) jar cactus pieces
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 jalapenos (depends on your taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 lb queso fresco (mexican cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- Rinse cactus well under cold water. Cut the already sliced cactus into small pieces. The cactus also has a serrano in the jar, mince that also.
- Dice tomatoes, onion, jalapenos (I leave the seeds in, but you can take seeds out) and cilantro. In a large bowl mix all ingredients together, add minced garlic and salt to taste. Crumble Queso Fresco into the mix and add lemon juice. You may want to add a little lemon juice at a time and mix and taste until it is to your liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!