Cabernet Peppercorn Demi-Glace for Filet Mignon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Nice demi-glace to top a filet mignon.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup white mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine, preferably Cabernet
- 2 quarts demi-glace
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- cornstarch, as needed
- black pepper
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms, shallots, and peppercorns in oil.
- When shallots are tender, deglaze with red wine.
- Reduce by two-thirds.
- Whisk together the reduction and demi-glace until smooth.
- Whisk in the cream and beef base.
- Combine a few teaspoons of cornstarch (or more as needed) with a little cold water to make a slurry.
- Add slurry to the sauce to thicken; cook for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION