Cabbage Soup With Ham
I found this recipe on Basic-Recipes.com and it sounded very good. Cabbage is one of my favorites and along with ham and apples you cant go wrong.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium leeks, well-washed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces ham, diced cooked boneless lean Virginia
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 small granny smith apple, pared, cored and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 ounces red potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Using a large saucepan or dutch oven, bring broth to a boil and add the cabbage, leeks, carrot, ham, and caraway seeds. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Add apple and wine to mixture and simmer uncovered for approximately 3 minutes or until apple is just tender.
- Stir in cooked potato and parsley, simmer 2-3 minutes or until soup is heated through. Divide evenly into 4 soup bowls and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 12 more