Cabbage Pork and Pasta
photo by jws_51
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 large sweet onions
- 32 ounces pork chops
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 16 ounces , frozen or 16 ounces fresh peas
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 16 ounces whole wheat pasta (shells, elbows, etc.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- In large skillet place 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry pork-chops. After browning both sides cut off bone into quarter or half inch peices. Add onions cook for 3-4 minutes until brown, add some salt, pepper, and garlic powder to chops. Then add chicken broth and cabbage, butter and two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook 15 minutes or till soft. Then add peas and cook for 4 more minutes.
- In large pot bring 6 quarts of water to boil, add pasta of your choice to boiling water, cook to directions on box. Drain well and combine with cabbage, pork and onions, heat through in large pot and serve. Add more salt, pepper, and olive oil if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!