- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 lbs cabbage, cored and shredded (about 1 large head of cabbage, this is also pretty if using red and green together)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons oil (olive works well)
- 3⁄4 lb egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- salt and pepper
- Arrange cabbage in colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand 10 minutes and then squeeze dry.
- Melt butter and oil in large skillet over low heat.
- Add half of the cabbage to skillet and cook, stirring until crisp tender and then add remaining cabbage and continue cooking and stirring until tender (15 minutes), adding more butter/oil if necessary.
- Stir in noodles and heat through.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation