Cabbage and Sesame Seed Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded thin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (can replace about 1 tbs with sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (may use rice vinegar but taste milder)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 ounces swiss cheese
- 3 ounces raisins
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk it until it’s well incorporated.
- Shred the cabbage and place it in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss.
- Cut the cheese in cubes and slice the apple. Pour the lemon juice over the apple so as not to turn brown.
- Add the cheese, apple, raisins and sesame seeds to the cabbage and toss well.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!