Cabbage and Sauerkraut for the Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (or caraway seed)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place chopped cabbage into crock pot. Place sauerkraut and onions over top.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until cabbage is as tender as you want.
- Stir well before serving.
Join The Conversation