Cabbage and Piggies
- Ready In:
- Trim and quarter the cabbage and wash it well.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and throw in the cabbage.
- While it is cooking, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in the butter in a hot frying pan.
- When it is tender, after about 10 minutes, drain the cabbage thoroughly, cut it into shreds with a knife and press lightly to strain off the water.
- Place it in a mound on a warm deep dish and throw the bacon and its hot fat over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of allspice and serve large helpings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good, especially for a recipe which is so simple and has so few ingredients. Bacon makes everything delicious! I steamed the cabbage instead of boiling it, but that was the only change I made. Thanks for posting this, I will definitely be making it again soon. Made for My Three Chefs Fall 2008