photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or 1 teaspoon finely ground coffee beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pecan, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line them with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, ground coffee, salt and cayenne. Add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture. Stir until well combined. Stir in the oats, both chocolates, and the pecans.
- Working in batches, form the dough into walnut-size balls (if the dough is too soft, you can place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes), then place the dough balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 11 - 14 minutes, or until flattened, lightly browned and set. Cool on the sheet for 5 minutes; then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Repeat for the remaining cookie dough.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love your cookie recipes Nancy. They never disappoint. Jerry, the neighbors and I, are enjoying these tasty treats. They are wonderful, crisp, tender, crunchy and full of flavor. My granddaughter is coming on Sat. she is going to love these. Thanks so much for sharing another winner. Made for Went to Market Tag Game 2017.