Ca Sizzles Tijuana Torte
Entered for safe-keeping, this is a little spicier than other Tijuana Torte recipe on food.com. Found in California Sizzles. Should still be kid-friendly if you use mild salsa and canned diced green chiles, depending on your child's palate.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 lb canned stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces mild salsa (1 small can)
- 7 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (Lawry's, or 7 teaspoons)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown ground beef with onion. Drain grease.
- Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, salsa, green chiles and taco seasoning to the meat and mix well.
- Tear tortillas into pieces and lay in bottom of 9x9-inch dish. Spoon 1/3 of emat sauce on top of tortillas and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Layer 2 more times with tortillas, meat sauce and cheese.
- Top with remaining Cheddar cheese, covering entire top.
- Bake 30-45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving.