- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- 2⁄3 cup blanched almond, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (113 g) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix or (113 g) packages vegetarian instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, with a pastry blender, combine the flour, margarine, almonds and 1/4 cup icing sugar until crumbly.
- With the fingers, press the mixture firmly into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake the crust 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool the crust in the dish on a wire rack.
- While the crust is cooling, beat the whipping cream and vanilla extract in a small bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl (you can use the same one as you used for mixing the crust), beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in 1 cup whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture; spread over the cooled crust.
- Reserve the remaining whipped cream for the topping.
- In a large bowl, with a wire whisk, prepare the pudding mixes as the label directs, but prepare both packages together and use only 3 cups milk.
- Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer.
- Fold the remaining 2 tablespoons of icing sugar into the reserved whipped cream; spread over the pudding.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>