Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Microwave butterscotch chips in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Stir together melted chips, morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl with wire whisk.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The taste is very good-how can you go wrong with butterscotch-but I ran into a problem in making it. When I let the melted butterscotch chips cool, I had an enormous glob. I remelted it, but it still solidified into little globs when I mixed in the other ingredients. Another time, I think I'll mix the melted butterscotch immediately with the oil, which shouldn't be harmed by the heat, to try to keep it liquid.I hope that also prevents the butterscotch from sinking to the bottom of the batter, which made the cake stick to the pan big-time, even though I had used nonstick spray.
Wonderful flavor! I made two loaves of pumpkin bread with this recipe. After reading Jo Ann L's review, I decided to melt the chips over a double boiler with 1 tbs milk. After the chips were melted, I incorporated the pumpkin. This cooled the chips without making them lumpy. I also added the rest of the bag of unmelted butterscotch chips to the recipe and that caused the bread to stick to the bottom of the pan. I don't think that there would have been a problem with the bread sticking if I had not added the extra chips. Lastly I added 1/3 cup of finely chopped nuts. I am very pleased with the results of this recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!