Butterscotch Caramel Salty Dogs
photo by cherir
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 22 -25 individual chewy caramel candies, such as Brach's
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a medium-sized glass bowl, melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl and stir in the marshmallow cream and powdered milk.
- Add the vanilla and mix well. The mixture will be very thick.
- At this point, use your hands and knead the mixture almost like bread dough.
- Roll the mixture into walnut sized pieces and shape like your little finger.
- Place finger shapes on wax paper to set.
- In a separate bowl, melt the caramels and milk together in the microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Roll set fingers into the caramel mixture, making sure the caramel is not too hot and won't burn your fingers.
- Once rolled in caramel, immediately roll in chopped nuts and place back on the wax paper to harden.
- You can vary the yield by how large or small you make the "fingers".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!