Butternut Squash Soup With Chili and Creme Fraiche
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash into large cubes, about 1.5in across, then toss in a large roasting tin with half the olive oil.
- Roast for 30 mins, turing once during cooking, until golden and soft.
- While the squash cooks, melt the butter wih the remaining oil in a large saucepan, then add the onions, garlic and 3/4 of the chili.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15-20 mins until the onions are completely soft.
- Tip the squash into the pan, add the broth and creme fraiche then whizz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning according to taste.
- Serve the soup with swirls of creme fraiche and a scattering of the remaining chopped chili.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)