Butternut Squash Soup - Oh Baby
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Wonderful tasting soup. I made this, and the kids ate it all up. These are by kids who don't like squash to begin with.
- Ready In:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed (smashed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- Rinse the squash and cut into golf ball size pieces and put into a 10" stock pot leaving the peels on, but seeds gone.
- Add water into the the stock pot filling just above the squash and turn the temperature to max.
- Boil until squash is done (stab the thing with a fork inside the pot, it should break apart and not stick inside the squash. Takes about 10 minutes).
- Turn the heat off.
- Take the lid or a plate and put it on top of the pot and keep it in place with your thumbs and tilt the squash water out. (this water crap can be used for plants once it cools).
- Dump all the squash chunks into a large bowl or on a large plate.
- Let the thing cool for a few minutes. (Um, 5 minutes or something, skip it if you're man enough to handle the heat).
- The squash peels will be easy to pinch off. Use a spoon if you must like ice cream and take the peels off and put the squash chunks into the stock pot.
- Add the chicken bouillon cube, cream and water.
- Turn the heat to medium with the pot on it.
- Use a hand mixer to mash the crap out of the stuff until smooth.
- Now add the remaining junk to the pot.
- Turn the temp to low and let the thing simmer for a few minutes (this will soften the seeds and whatever).
- Your done - Serve it up.
- Add some bacon bits or fresh coriander green or Louisiana hot sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION