Butternut Curry Soup
Combine the complex flavors of curry with seasonal butternut squash to create a soup that is perfect on your holiday table or any cold weather meal.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sliced leeks or 3/4 cup chopped shallot
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups college inn fat free & low sodium chicken broth
- sour cream (optional) or Greek yogurt (optional)
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook leeks 3 minutes. Add squash, curry powder and sugar; cook 2 minutes.
- 2. Add broth; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is soft. Remove from heat.
- 3. Puree squash mixture with immersion blender or in food processor or blender until smooth. Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt and chives, if desired.
- VARIATION: To make Butternut Ginger Soup, prepare recipe as directed, except substitute 1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger for curry powder.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION