photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
5 1/2 C. batter
- In large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to blend thoroughly; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk and vanilla to blend. Using a rubber spatula, stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are moistened (There should still be small lumps; do not over mix).
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in egg whites until combined.
- Pour batter onto hot, greased waffle maker and bake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty waffles. The batter mixes easily even with all the steps and the waffles turn out fluffy and light. I used my Belgian Waffle Maker (does not flip) and they were perfect! Thanks for sharing a great go-to recipe for waffles when I have a bit more time to prepare. Made for I Recommend event.