- Ready In:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ice cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, plus additional for brushing
- In a food processor, combine dry ingredients and pulse a few times.
- Add pieces of butter a few at a time and pulse until combined.
- Put in a mixing bowl and chill for ten minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add buttermilk, mixing until ingredients are moistened.
- Immediately pour onto floured surface and knead twelve times.
- Roll into a 1" thickness and cut with a 2" biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, close but not touching. Brush with buttermilk.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot. May be frozen and reheated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a lovely little corner of San Diego with a sausage dog who loves carrots and potatoes that fall on the floor while I'm cooking.