Buttermilk Potatoes Au Gratin
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The buttermilk adds a really creamy texture to this au gratin recipe, and the four-cheese sauce mix gives a nice cheesy taste, but one that doesn't overpower the potato flavor in the dish.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs red baby potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces knorr four cheese pasta sauce mix, such as Knorr brand
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F In saucepan, bring potatoes, and enough salted water to cover, to a boil. Cook 12 minutes more and drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce mix according to package directions, substituting buttermilk for regular milk. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chives, and the mustard. Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes and remaining sauce; spoon into a 1-1/2 quart ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until heated through, pouring reserved sauce over potatoes during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Sprinkle with remaining chives and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION