Buttermilk Poppy Seed Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Pour half of the buttermilk into a small saucepan. Add the cornstarch and stir well, using a wire whisk. Stir until the cornstarch is fully incorporated and there are no lumps. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbling (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into a medium bowl. Add remaining buttermilk, sweetener, mustard, reduced-fat mayonnaise and salt. Stir well. Add poppy seeds and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">