Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish or sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Soak chicken in buttermilk in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Brush the butter over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika and garlic together in a large zipper-style plastic bag.
- Put one milk-soaked piece of chicken in the seasoned flour and shake well to dredge, then place it in the baking dish.
- Repeat this with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Do not overcook.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!