Butterflied Grilled Chicken with Curry and Cumin
Incredibly easy, incredibly delicious. You've just read the list of ingredients and instructions. This chicken is delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Rinse split chicken and pat dry, lay on cutting board skin side up and push on breastbone to flatten.
- Combine the curry, cumin and salt and rub half of it over both sides of the chicken.
- Start at the neck and insert you finger to separate skin from flesh, then season the flesh under the skin with the rest of the mixture.
- Let chicken absorb flavors for 45 minutes before cooking.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Chicken can alternatively be broiled or baked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've just come from Cape Town with fresh curry, masala, and other Malay spices. I used them for this recipe, and added a little more, as my chicken was about 5 lbs. I butterfly a chicken from the breast side, so I can cut out the large breast bone and rib bones (instead of cutting out the back bone). My chicken was oven-baked, but we were disappointed at the too-mild taste -- we added Tabasco Chipotle sauce and a little more salt. I think your simple recipe is absolutely great, but it does need more ooomph!!! Anyway, thank you, because at least it's a quick recipe!Reply
see 2 more